Rotary Youth Exchange Rules
These are the Rotary International Rules for Inbound Students. You have agreed to comply by signing your Exchange Application.
- You must have a travel insurance that applies to the Rotary International standards
- Four Ds: No driving, no dating, no drinking, no drugs plus an additional two Ds: No body Decorations/Piercing, no Downloading of Indecent Material
• Do not drive any motor vehicles (not even host sister’s scooter)
• No serious dating
• No alcohol / no smoking (not even if you are 18) – beer is alcohol in Finland and Estonia
• No drugs including marijuana which is considered an illegal drug in Finnish & Estonian laws. If you caught carrying or using drugs, you will be reported to the police and returned home immediately.
- Attend school regularly
- Study the local language
- You need to fill in your quarterly reports!
- No travelling at all during the school time. Refer to the separate Travelling Rules of Inbound Students ->
- Staying overnight at a friend’s house ONLY, if the parents are present
- No camping, staying at hotels etc. without parents
- Be active – try new sports and other hobbies